Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
1. What is Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation?
Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation is committed to building a seamless and dynamic engineering design framework supporting the accelerated discovery, development, and application of materials, materials systems, and materials processes for practical use in manufacturing. Combining the rigor of scholarly publication with enhanced digital content, the journal covers innovations from the discovery of materials to their deployment.
Great strides have been made in developing experimental, computational and data management techniques that provide insight to solving specific scientific and engineering problems. We are entering an era where individual tools and dispersed data must be brought together into integrated toolsets and made available to materials, manufacturing, and design engineers to create a materials innovation infrastructure. The tasks of integration and management across length and time scales as well as discipline boundaries are extraordinarily complex, but are at the forefront of engineering advances.
IMMI provides an Open Access platform for the presentation of novel efforts seeking to build an integrated engineering framework to solve a pervasive or recurring need in materials and manufacturing. It also provides a venue for presenting innovative approaches to overcome key technical challenges in integrating experiment, models, and data. These challenges include description and representation of complex structure, data curation, model verification and validation, and seamlessly linking models and data.
The journal will publish:
- Detailed case studies of endeavors to integrate experiment and modeling to solve an enduring engineering problem in materials and manufacturing
- Introduction of novel experimental or computational techniques or data sets that enable bridging length or time domains
- Best practices in verification and validation of models, data curation, and standards and protocols for model integration and exchange of data
- In-depth descriptions of databases and database tools in the area of materials and manufacturing
All articles are available online, and in addition the website offers many other services:
- Quick and advanced search facilities.
- RSS feed, to deliver our latest articles directly to your news headline reader.
- Email articles directly to your friends and colleagues.
- Post a comment on an article, to add your opinion.
For details of the scope and types of article published by Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation see About Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation
- What is Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation?
- Why submit to Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation's emails?
- What is SpringerOpen?